Sunday, May 19, 2013

Robamapocalypse by Kevin Strange

Sometimes you know how fucking great a book will be just from its premise. A not-too-distant future giant robot Lord Obama controls the masses through zombie ultimate fighting.

Yeah, let's do that.

I heard about this book on Chris Boyle's Bizarrocast and went out into the ether and bought it. It's every bit as enjoyable and nutty as I anticipated.

In his intro, Strange makes it clear that this is an apolitical work. And surely this is a bizarre expedition into a parallel reality that leaves politics or anything else boring*, far behind. This read like a great, old school video game--a fast, furious adventure filled with non-stop carnage.

Don't confuse this with your typical post apocalypse book that takes itself way too seriously and is all dark and brooding and crap. Robama Pocalypse just kicks ass.


* I'm a politics and government teacher, but I like to keep my politics reading and my fiction reading separate.

1 comment:

  1. Took me a second to figure out the title, but I got a good laugh out of it. There are almost infinite possibilities of where to go with such a wacky premise. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete