Friday, September 23, 2011

IAN AYRIS

It's no secret to readers of this blog that Ian Ayris writes memorable and unsettling crime.

Up today at TKnC is his "Surf Rider," which also appears in Pulp Ink. Here is Ayris in his element -- the original voice, the unusual and layered characters, and, yes, the madness. Although I've read it at least six times now, the last paragraph's sheer poetry gives me shivers.

And a special shout out to editor extraordinaire and all around good egg Col Bury for helping us out with Pulp Ink promotion.

4 comments:

  1. The beautiful, shining madness that is I. Ayris. Only Brit I know that can get a surf bar right. Don't touch his board, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surf Rider is a great story! Ian has such unique style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of the "voices" Ian creates.

    As for Pulp Ink I'm loving it every story is a gem. There'll be a big review for it soon from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for shining the light on Crimefactory, Chris. So many books, so little light and time.

    ReplyDelete